removing -arch from LDFLAGS

David Strubbe dstrubbe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 21:32:45 PST 2013

Hi all,

Is there a way to remove the -arch option from LDFLAGS, as for gfortran?
Using configure.compiler macports-gcc-XX removes it, but that is not
compatible with the Fortran recipe which only sets configure.f90 etc. On my
machine, the default value is

LDFLAGS='-L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -arch x86_64'

I can use

configure.args-append  LDFLAGS=""

to clear LDFLAGS entirely, but it may better to just remove the -arch part.
However, putting configure.ldflags-delete -arch x86_64, either in the main
part of the Portfile, or in a pre-configure block, has no effect, because
at that point if I write out configure.ldflags it is only "-L/opt/local/lib
-Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names", and if I try to write out
configure.args, I get

Error: org.macports.configure for port libxc returned: can't read
"configure.args": no such variable

What is the best approach here?

Thanks,
David