removing -arch from LDFLAGS

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Tue Nov 12 07:55:00 PST 2013

Hi David - gfortran, and non-Apple GCC in general, uses -m32 and -m64
to build for whatever the host arch is.  So, if the host computer is a
PowerPC ("PPC"), then -m32 will build for 32-bit PPC ("ppc");
similarly, -m64 will build for 64-bit PPC ("ppc_64"); you won't be able
to cross-compile for Intel using PPC-based GCC.  If your host computer
is Intel ("i386" type), then -m32 will do 32-bit Intel ("x86" or
"i386") and -m64 will do 64-bit Intel ("x86_64"); you won't be able to
cross-compile for PPC using Intel-based GCC.   Have a look at the
muniversal PortGroup for more information.  I hope this helps. - MLD