Questions on dependencies

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Tue Nov 12 14:04:21 PST 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 10:52:20PM +0100, Peter Danecek wrote:
> I tried to run in trace mode, however, I have not installed base from
> trunk, so I am not sure if it is already reporting correctly.

If it doesn't outright crash or fail to build, it might be better than
nothing, but trace mode in 2.2.1 has a number of issues like race
conditions, not being thread-safe (i.e. it breaks when used from
multithreaded programs) and not catching all necessary system calls.

I wouldn't rely on it.

--
Clemens Lang