When do dependencies need a revbump?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Wed Nov 13 09:09:09 PST 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Rainer Müller wrote:
> Subject: When do dependencies need a revbump?
>                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>                   dependents
>
> Just for the record, I am pretty sure you meant the right thing. :-)

Yes, thank you very much. I made that mistake for so many times
already that I didn't even notice it was a mistake any longer ;)

> On 2013-11-13 16:50, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>  See this one for example:
>>    http://trac.wxwidgets.org/changeset/75142
>>    http://trac.wxwidgets.org/changeset/75143
>>
>> I suspect these might be the candidates for making the revbump
>> necessary, but I'm not sure.
>
> Yes, if this class is exposed in the public headers and supposed to be
> inherited by applications, then adding a new virtual function to this
> class breaks the ABI as it changes the vtable and the size of the object.

Thank you. So I revbumped most of the dependents. (I left out
codeblocks, hugin-app, rt-volume-rendering which don't compile, and
p5-alien-wxwidgets which I think doesn't link to wxWidgets, but I'm
not quite sure about that claim - I have no idea how the port works.)

Mojca