documentation and licensing ...

Peter Danecek Peter.Danecek at bo.ingv.it
Thu Nov 14 11:53:57 PST 2013

Hi all,

in an attempt to comply with licensing (which the original package might fail to do), I add some doc files. I have put them into ${portpath}/files and than copy them directly into destroot.

post-destroot {
[…]
    set dest_doc ${destroot}${prefix}/share/doc
    xinstall -d ${dest_doc}
    xinstall -m 644 -W ${worksrcpath} \
        README.txt \
          ${dest_doc}
    xinstall -m 644 -W  ${portpath}/files \
        CHANGES.txt	\
        LICENSE.txt	\
        LICENSE_CC-BY-3.0.txt \
        LICENSE_MPL-1.1.txt \
          ${dest_doc}
}

It works, but it might not be the intended use. Is this approach okay?

The peace of software is licensed under CC BY-3.0 and some parts under MPL-1.1. To my understanding both allow redistribution, but CC licences are not in the current list in

http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/base/portmgr/jobs/port_binary_distributable.tcl

Should CC licences be added or do I use `Permissive` in the present case?

Thanks!
~petr