10.9 and compiler

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Sun Nov 17 13:07:43 PST 2013

I just got a new MacBook Pro and is the first machine I have access to that can run 10.9, so I’m running into problems with fwknop-client port getting it to compile.  It fails on something as simple as this:

#include <string.h>

size_t strlcat(char *dst, const char *src, size_t siz);

int main()
{
  return 0;
}

$ clang test.c -o test
test.c:3:8: error: expected parameter declarator
size_t strlcat(char *dst, const char *src, size_t siz);

Can we not use blacklists on 10.9?  Do we need to always use clang?  Or is that only for C++ code that we have to use clang?

Thanks,
Blair