[113422] trunk/dports/python/py-numpy

Sean Farley sean at macports.org
Sun Nov 17 13:14:08 PST 2013

jeremyhu at macports.org writes:

> On Nov 15, 2013, at 20:00, Sean Farley <sean at macports.org> wrote:
>

>> jeremyhu at macports.org writes:

>>> "patch-setup.py.diff doesn't apply" was the simple pointer.
>>
>> To which I responded and pushed another test. I see you didn't even wait
>> for that to finish before you committed. Please be more considerate in
>> the future. Thanks.
>
> Sean, I don't know what your beef is.  Your changes were to python.versions and have nothing to do with this issue (nor do the hunks even collide).

That's only what you saw from my push. The conflict was that I had
indeed fixed that line already and had to deal with that merge quite
unexpectedly.

> I pushed a minimal change to fix a build failure that you introduced which blocked hundreds of ports.  Given how deep this dependency is, how minor the change was, and how long it has historically taken to get build failures addressed for this port, I figured it was worth pushing.

I appreciate the help. A simple email before pushing would have gone a
long way and also would have established that you were working on
something without relying on a race condition of who-pushed-first.

I have gone through and updated what I've found to be changed by the
numpy update. I've pushed the changes here:

https://smf.io/macports

If anyone wants to check them out before I push, that'd be great. I'll
ruminate on the patch series before pushing again to try and prevent any
late night bumps.