livecheck behaviour

Peter Danecek Peter.Danecek at bo.ingv.it
Tue Nov 19 07:40:46 PST 2013

Josh,
find a short update/correction below.
~petr

On Nov 19, 2013, at 14:10 , Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:

> On 2013-11-19 23:50 , Peter Danecek wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> I am just experimenting a bit with livecheck, and wonder if the behaviour below is really the desired behaviour.

Josh,

I understand this reasoning, and yes, probably not finding current might usually indicate some sort of a problem. However, I was wondering if I could have some influence on this, in the case I intentionally want to overwrite default behaviour.

In the concrete case it is about the Globus (future) ports.

The packages which are bundled into the Globus Toolkit go here:
	http://www.globus.org/ftppub/gt5/5.2/stable/packages/src/

Updates between the Toolkit release seem to go here:
	http://www.globus.org/ftppub/gt5/5.2/stable/updates/src/

So the idea would be to search matches in the updates directory. If there is no match this would mean there is (probably) no update.

So is there a way to implement this?

Alternatively, one could try to collect matches from both directories and evaluate these. But I think this is not possible.

~petr

UPDATE:

Better look at:
	http://www.globus.org/ftppub/gt5/5.2/5.2.5/packages/src/