How is build.env supposed to work ...

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Nov 19 09:38:46 PST 2013

On Nov 19, 2013, at 10:49, Peter Danecek wrote:

> So am I right if I assume that some of the environment variables are reset to a different value, AFTER I try to set them and before build?

There are a small number of variables that MacPorts puts into the environment of each phase, regardless of the value of $phase.env, including CC_PRINT_OPTIONS, CC_PRINT_OPTIONS_FILE, CPATH, LIBRARY_PATH, and MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET. The first two cannot be changed; the others can be changed by setting the options compiler.cpath, compiler.library_path and macosx_deployment_target, respectively.