[113549] trunk/www/install.php

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Nov 20 00:18:24 PST 2013

On 2013-11-20 03:19, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> Presently inferring that the store page didn't do the command line tools for you. Will the dialog do so?
>
> I don’t know. The wording of the dialog makes it sound like it will install both Xcode and the command line tools.

Installing Xcode only will make tools like /usr/bin/clang work, as they
are shims that either ask you to install Xcode/CLT or, if Xcode is
already installed, they use the tools provided in /Applications/Xcode.app.

However, if you do not install the CLT explicitly, you will miss some
files such as the infamous tclConfig.sh that is required to build
MacPorts itself.

Rainer