Upgrade Virtualbox to 4.3

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Nov 30 18:24:27 PST 2013

On Nov 30, 2013, at 05:16, Johannes Kastl wrote:

> as there seem to be bigger issues with the upgrade to 4.3, could we
> upgrade the port to 4.2.20, which has been released this week? Minor
> version update could be easier to handle.
>
> I'm fumbling around with a local repository and 4.2.16 -> 4.2.18, but
> I get the "libcrypto not found"-thingy again, which apparently happens
> not only for me:
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/35808

What version of OS X and Xcode do you have? As I understand that ticket, it’s failing because it’s looking for the OS X 10.7 SDK, which doesn’t exist anymore in Xcode 5.

> Maybe someone more experienced than me (that is, someone who has a
> clou what he is doing and not just changing version numbers and
> checksums...) could solve this?

The developers of virtualbox really need to release software that makes fewer incorrect assumptions about the build environment and just builds correctly out of the box. It gets tiresome to have to understand and fix the various problems in their build system with every new release. Perhaps this is why nobody has volunteered to maintain virtualbox in MacPorts.