introducing Trac_Assigner: a script to automatically assign tickets to their port maintainer

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Tue Oct 1 13:31:45 PDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:

> I wonder if the license will be a problem. Apple apparently has a policy
> against shipping GPLv3 code in their products, but I don't know if the
> same applies for something hosted on macosforge.

I think the problem with GPLv3 is that there is a restriction in the
license that effectively prohibits inclusion of code with products
that are not fully licensed in a GPLv3 compatible way. I wouldn't
think there's anything conflicting there with using a GPLv3 plugin as
part of a Trac server.

If there is, I presume that Eric could just dual license or grant an exception.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448