New wiki page describing commit rules needed or nonsense?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Oct 5 03:54:43 PDT 2013

On 2013-10-04 20:00, MK-MacPorts at techno.ms wrote:
> I figured that a section about rules concerning properly formatted commit messages are missing in the wiki (not to talk about the Guide), which is why I created the following page:
>
> 	https://trac.macports.org/wiki/CommitRules
>
> below the committers guide
>
> 	https://trac.macports.org/wiki/CommittersGuide
>
> In case I am mistaken and the information is already present, but hidden someplace else, please let me know.

We have point 8. there, "Commit messages should make clear what has
been changed":

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/NewCommittersGuide#PortCommitterResponsibilities

I added a link to the new wiki page there as well. We could now
probably remove the three points below that as they are covered in the
new wiki page.

Rainer