Posting to developer ML problematic

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Oct 6 10:46:56 PDT 2013

On 2013-10-06 19:24, MK-MacPorts at techno.ms wrote:
> I have received responses like these from Mac OS Forges' mail server:
>
> ---
>
> A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
> its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address
> failed:
>
> "macports-dev at lists.macosforge.org":
> SMTP error from remote server in greeting:
> host: mail-in.apple.com:
> 5.7.1 You are not allowed to connect.
> ---
>
> and I don't know why…
>
> I am subscribed to the list, but the mail server seems to forget that at times!

Whichever mail server you use to send mails was rejected by mail-in.apple.com,
unfortunately for some reason it does not tell here. It could be that this mail
server is on some spam blacklist, check the mail server logs for details or tell
your sysadmin about that.

This problem is not related to your subscription status as the Apple mail server
rejected you right before even getting the envelope data with sender and recipient.

Rainer