2.2 on Mavericks

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Wed Oct 23 06:22:21 PDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 07:00:46AM -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> > People keep saying that, but what are the actual problems with 2.2?
>
> Well, there’s the gnutar-does-not-exist problem. I thought perhaps
> this was people installing the Mountain Lion binary on Mavericks, but
> our installer prohibits that.

People work around that by editing the installer.

> Perhaps it’s people installing MacPorts on Mountain Lion, then
> upgrading to Mavericks without reinstalling MacPorts, like the
> Migration page says to do.

Yeah, a lot of people do that.

> Then there’s the libstdc++ vs stdc++ situation which IIRC only trunk
> addresses.

I don't think that's particularly broken on Mavericks with 2.2, but we
should really get 2.2.1 out there with this change if we're going to
take the leap for libc++ now.

This change seems to be needed to prevent crashes on Mavericks:
  http://trac.macports.org/changeset/112417/branches/release_2_2/base

--
Clemens Lang