Do we record which OS we were built/installed on?

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Oct 25 15:16:49 PDT 2013

On Oct 25, 2013, at 5:52 PM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
> On 2013-10-25 23:33, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
>> If not, maybe we should (so we can print out something like "bad user, no cookie: https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration", or so we can force a selfupdate rebuild? :) )
>
> We already have that in the registry. You can see the platform and arch
> with the command 'port -v installed' for each port.

yeah, but for this, I care about the OS that base was built/installed on.

Right now, doing upgrade OS + port -f selfupdate + port upgrade outdated mostly works.

It would be nice for end users if upgrade OS + run port = port saying 'you need to selfupdate' and have users selfupdate (ideally without -f). I might try to make some time to work up a patch, but was just curious if we keep the build/install OS version for base somewhere.

I guess there was a thought a while ago to maybe have base install itself as a port (which would probably work for this?)...

--
Daniel J. Luke