"Can't find Tcl configuration definitions": better solution?

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Mon Oct 28 17:12:06 PDT 2013

In article <A4BC8B94-E300-4D96-BE95-889180C3389E at macports.org>,
 Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> If you do that, make sure you only print that on Mavericks and later, since
> on earlier OS versions tclConfig.sh is not part of the command line tools and
> it should already be there out of the box.

AFAIK, (and I just checked on a vanilla 10.8.5 system that has never had the
CLT installed), tclConfig.sh is *not* present in /System/Library/Frameworks
until you install the CLT.  That is not a change in Mavericks.  What is a
change in Mavericks is "xcode-select --install" vs installing via Xcode
Preferences.  The "--install" option is not available in earlier releases,
even on 10.8 with Xcode 5 installed.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org