Maverics/Xcode 5 proposal: no more xcode-select --install

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Tue Oct 29 13:52:34 PDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 08:47:29PM +0000, Paul Bennett wrote:
> Is 'xcode-select --install' really necessary on Mavericks?

Without xcode-select --install, /usr/lib/tclConfig.sh does not exist and
MacPorts base currently fails to configure because it cannot find Tcl.

We could discuss whether we could get along without Xcode, but I hear
cmake fails to build without Xcode installed :(.

Either way, both solutions might be possible, but it would probably be
quite a bit of work.

--
Clemens Lang