[111036] trunk/dports/lang/ghc/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Sep 14 04:09:09 PDT 2013

On Sep 14, 2013, at 05:09, Clemens Lang wrote:
> On Sep 14, 2013 9:08 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> Can we make gcc48 the default now?
>
> Have we decided gcc48 is our new default compiler?

Well Jeremy H S made gcc48 the default in the fortran recipe that he put in a lot of ports, so I thought gcc48 was best as a default for other cases as well, and changed the recipe in the wiki page a couple days ago.

The main reason for having a uniform default gcc version used to be so that the libstdc++ version would be the same. Now that the libgcc makes that no longer an issue, the remaining reason would be so that users won't have to install multiple gcc versions. Unless you know a reason why we shouldn't change to gcc48?