Checksums for patch files?

MK-MacPorts at techno.ms MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Wed Sep 18 00:28:50 PDT 2013

Hi devs,

could it be advisable to have checksums also for every patch file associated with a certain port?
(But this is probably not needed when the patch file is being pulled via svn or rsync from the MacPorts tree, because there everything is reviewable.)

The situation should be different in case a patch file is pulled from external.
In the back of my head I remember to have seen such cases in the past…
At least in the guide I couldn't find anything about that.
Could you point me to where this is documented?

Greets,
Marko