[111229] trunk/dports/net/prosody/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Sep 18 01:18:04 PDT 2013

On Sep 18, 2013, at 03:03, Aljaž Srebrnič wrote:

> On 17/set/2013, at 20:17, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> $ sudo port install prosody +universal
>> --->  Computing dependencies for prosody
>> Error: Cannot install prosody for the arch(s) 'i386 x86_64' because
>> Error: its dependency lua-luasocket does not build for the required arch(s) by default
>> Error: and does not have a universal variant.
>> Error: Unable to execute port: architecture mismatch
>
> I see. Then what should I do?

prosody declares a library dependency on lua-luasocket.

Does lua-luasocket install libraries that ports might link with?

If no: indicate "installs_libs no" in the lua-luasocket port.

If yes: does prosody actually link with one or more of lua-luasocket's libraries?

If no: indicate "depends_skip_archcheck lua-luasocket" in the prosody port.

If yes: see if you can add a universal variant to lua-luasocket. I already requested this here: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/35858 That ticket also shows lua-luasocket doesn't actually build at all. Or are you able to build it?