[111270] trunk/dports/devel

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Sep 19 00:12:23 PDT 2013

On Sep 19, 2013, at 01:27, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:

> I didn't test this either, but I wasn't able to get this kind of code
> working in wxWidgets ports. I wasn't able to use any variables defined
> inside a variant in - say - configure options. I had to add configure
> options inside the variant, else it didn't work.
>
> If this turns out to work, I need an explanation of how I can improve my code.

Variants are evaluated after the rest of the port.

Therefore if you just did:

configure.python        ${prefix}/bin/python${python_ver}

that wouldn't work because ${python_ver} gets set by the variants so it would not have been set yet.

However doing it right before the configure phase should work:

pre-configure {
    configure.python        ${prefix}/bin/python${python_ver}
…