MacPorts Test Framework - GSoC 13

Marius Coțofană marius at macports.org
Thu Sep 19 09:12:52 PDT 2013

Hello,

After three months of hard work, yesterday was the day when we finally
moved all my summer work to trunk.

For those who are not aware, I have developed a testing framework for
MacPorts as a project of Google Summer of Code 2013. For a detailed
weekly description of my work, alongside my initial proposal for the project
you can visit the wiki page [0]. The framework is written on top of tcltest
and you can find all the details about how it works, how you can contribute,
and how to run the tests, at this page [1].

I strongly encourage you to use the framework as much as possible
and report any problems or shortcomings so we can fix them and
further improve the system.

I want to especially thank Rainer, Clemens and Jeremy for the full support and
guidance and also the whole MacPorts Team for the help.

This is not the end, just the first step.

[0] - https://trac.macports.org/wiki/SummerOfCode2013
[1] - https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Tests

Thank you,
Marius Coțofană.