[118513] trunk/dports/devel/dbus

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Thu Apr 3 12:24:57 PDT 2014

Hi,

> [118513] trunk/dports/devel/dbus
> Revision 118513
> Author mcalhoun at macports.org
> Date 2014-04-03 10:39:22 -0700 (Thu, 03 Apr 2014)
> Log Message Update version 1.6.12->1.8.0

This change will now display the following message to every user, even
if he never consciously selected any of dbus' variants:

--->  Configuring dbus
Warning: You have requested an obsolete variant
Warning: Installation of startup items are now determined by /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf
Warning: See https://guide.macports.org/#reference.startupitems
--->  Building dbus

Is that really what we want? I know we don't keep track of which
variants a user manually selected, but I'd still argue that we
should just "do the right thing" for the average user with a
standard install silently – especially since as long as the variant
is present it will be preserved during updates. Maybe you could
remove the variant declaration but continue to use
 if {[variant_isset startupitem]}
to print warnings where necessary? As far as I know that should remove
the variant automatically on upgrade.

--
Clemens Lang