2.3.0

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Thu Apr 3 17:33:18 PDT 2014

Hi Ryan,

> This is easier to read. However for reasons I don’t understand, I don’t
> always see them in log output; sometimes I just see:
> DEBUG: Environment:
>
> Has anybody else noticed this? Could someone take a look at this and see
> why that might be?

Line buffering while writing to the output file might be a reason why it fails
with line breaks, but I still don't understand why that would cause the lines
to be missing completely – but then I also don't know how our logging works
and that has some weird bugs aswell…

> Can ui_debug not accept multiline strings? I am having trouble locating where
> ui_debug is defined.

ui_debug is defined in macports1.0/macports.tcl, line 254 in proc
macports::ui_init and can be overriden by a proc ui_init in global namespace
which should define these functions (see lines 81-98 in macports.tcl, which seems
to be the only API documentation we have on that). It doesn't seem port.tcl
actually does that (maybe it should?) so the fallback from macports.tcl is used.

HTH,
--
Clemens Lang