MacPorts Developer Meeting?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Fri Apr 4 12:22:54 PDT 2014

Hi,

I mentioned Europe for obvious reasons: because it's way cheaper (for
Europeans) to take a train or car than to fly to San Francisco. And
because I know a few places where such a meeting could take place
without spending a fortune for food and accommodation (I already
organized one).

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 8:40 PM, Sean Farley wrote:

> Since getting visas to the US is non-trivial and also that flights
> across the Atlantics are not the cheapest, maybe we could have two
> meetings at the same time? We could even be fancy and video connect the
> two rooms!

That's what I was thinking of as well.

Having the meeting at two locations (one in Europe and one somewhere
in USA) at the same time and organizing a short videoconference each
day. But that only makes sense if there's sufficient interest and
someone should organize the local event there. Let's first figure out
if we have sufficient interest to organize the event at all.

I seem to remember some discussions about "ticket closing marathons"
held online on regular basis (once per month or once every few months)
without reaching any consensus.

I was trying to figure out if there was any information about
username<->continent written somewhere, but couldn't find anything.
(Maybe that or the default timezone like "UTC+1/UTC-7/..." could be
useful optional information for
http://trac.macports.org/wiki/MacPortsDevelopers for those who don't
mind sharing that information.)

If you are interested in coming, maybe you can also add the continent
of your choice to the reply ;)

Mojca