New MacPorts web site

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Mon Apr 7 08:40:41 PDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 11:01 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> Dear fellow MacPorts developers and enthusiasts,
>
> I’ve been working on a new MacPorts web site for some time, and I would like to share with you my work so far:

I really like the direction you've got so far. I've only been able to
look on my phone so far, so I only have two real critical statements.
(I'll check out the desktop version later today)

1) I'd like a like to see the non-mobile version
2) the font used for the "macports" header seems ... in the wrong
direction. I don't think it needs to be Helvetica Neue Ultra Light.
But something a bit lighter and less "futuristic", might fit better
with the rest of the theming.

> Further work to be done, in no particular order and not necessarily before the first release:
> * Port pages:

I'd love to see some of the statistics linked in to the port pages.
Maybe something as simple as the percentage and count of users that
have the port installed.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448