conflict between "portA +python33" and "portB +python33"

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Apr 7 17:51:58 PDT 2014

On Apr 7, 2014, at 16:42, Clemens Lang wrote:

>> All good in theory.
>>
>> In practice the port uses the cmake PortGroup which defines
>> "pre-configure" step and it seems that it overwrites the one from
>> active_variants, so adding
>>    require_active_variants portB "" +python33
>> doesn't have any effect at all.
>
> pre-configure blocks don't overwrite each other, they get queued up
> (although the order may be undefined).

The official word is that the order of execution is undefined. In practice, it seems to me that the order of execution is the order in which they’re declared. So if you want the active_variants 1.1 portgroup’s pre-configure block to run first, try including the active_variants 1.1 portgroup before you include the cmake 1.0 portgroup.