Is there a way to figure out which deps would have to be build from sources

Eric Gallager egall at gwmail.gwu.edu
Sat Apr 12 14:12:02 PDT 2014

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 4:55 PM, <MK-MacPorts at techno.ms> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> I just wonder whether someone out there
>         has already written some script
>                 which can determine for any given port A
>                         whether non-binary ports B1-Bn are to be build
> during port A's installation.
>
> Greets,
> Marko
>
> P.S.: I do know that there is mp-distributable.sh in order to determine
> whether a port is binary-distributable.

Well, if there is already mp-distributable.sh, then it probably should not
be too hard to loop over a port's rdeps and run that script for each of
them... maybe something like this?

    #!/bin/sh
    for depport in `port -q rdeps $1`; do
      sh /path/to/mp-distributable.sh ${depport}
    done

(note: not actually tested yet)