Puzzling inconsistency regarding dep

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 09:01:11 PDT 2014

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 11:51 AM, <MK-MacPorts at techno.ms> wrote:

> On 13 Apr 2014, at 17:46 , Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Looks like it's because it's a build dependency --- so, while the gtk2
> port is what pulled it in, it is not needed at runtime.
> Ahhh, I see.
> Thanks for solving this mystery! :-)

Well, this is still highlighting an inconsistency. In this case, I think
it's between the actual record of dependencies in the package registry
(produced by actually installing something) and the pre-recorded list of
dependencies in the package index (usually downloaded along with the port
tree)? That, or rdeps just ignores anything that isn't a runtime dependency.