Is there a way to figure out which deps would have to be build from sources

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Sun Apr 13 19:04:12 PDT 2014

On Apr 12, 2014, at 2:12 PM, Eric Gallager <egall at gwmail.gwu.edu> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 4:55 PM, <MK-MacPorts at techno.ms> wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> I just wonder whether someone out there
>         has already written some script
>                 which can determine for any given port A
>                         whether non-binary ports B1-Bn are to be build during port A's installation.
>
> Greets,
> Marko
>
> P.S.: I do know that there is mp-distributable.sh in order to determine whether a port is binary-distributable.
>
> Well, if there is already mp-distributable.sh, then it probably should not be too hard to loop over a port's rdeps and run that script for each of them... maybe something like this?
>
>     #!/bin/sh
>     for depport in `port -q rdeps $1`; do
>       sh /path/to/mp-distributable.sh ${depport}
>     done
>
> (note: not actually tested yet)

I use a simple script (mp-distributable) which allows "port echo" expansion, like:
$ mp-distributable depof:kmymoney4

The script looks like this:
$ cat $(which mp-distributable)
#!/bin/bash
# mp-distributable

: ${MP_PREFIX:="/opt/local"}
: ${MP_SVNTRUNK:="${MP_PREFIX}/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk"}
: ${MP_SVNBASE:="${MP_SVNTRUNK}/base"}

if [[ $# -eq 0 || $1 == "help" ]]
then
    echo "Usage example:"
    echo "mp-distributable zlib"
    exit 1
fi
PORTS=$(port -q echo "$@")
for PORT in $PORTS;do
    ${MP_SVNBASE}/portmgr/jobs/port_binary_distributable.tcl -v "$PORT"
done

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)