[123423] trunk/dports/perl/p5-email-mime-contenttype/Portfile

Frank Schima mf2k at macports.org
Sat Aug 9 12:46:13 PDT 2014

> On Aug 9, 2014, at 12:07 PM, Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> wrote:
>
> On Aug 9, 2014, at 11:47 AM, Frank Schima <mf2k at macports.org> wrote:
>
>> Just curious about why you are removing the indenting spacing in these perl ports? I would say it is more common to indent in blocks. I’m open to a discussion about what is preferred. I know when I edit p5 and other ports, I add 4 spaces as indent for all blocks. It makes things much more clear in my mind. I don’t want to get into the situation where people are accidentally reversing each other’s edits! :) I think a consensus would be a good idea here.
>
> Many Perl ports don't indent the 'if {${perl5.major} != ""}' block. I've always assumed that it's because that block often contains a significant portion of the ports' logic, and most of the content would end up being indented. I find it rather ugly.

I think it’s an artifact of the cpan2port module which adds the dependencies as p5-* without any if {${perl5.major} != "”}  block. Usually people have just added that line without indenting the dependencies. We always indent the python ports which have similar logic. I think the code looks better indented. But I will stay with the consensus on this (of course).

Cheers!
Frank