Topological sorting of perl modules

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Wed Aug 13 01:38:21 PDT 2014

Hi,

I would like to get a topologically sorted list of perl modules.

(Ideally sorted by the number of dependencies first, then
alphabetically, but always making sure that all dependencies are
listed before any other module depending on them. Alternatively sort
by the number of ports depending on a particular module.)

I'm sure that MacPorts is already able to do something like that. It
needs it when doing "upgrade outdated".

That would help with deciding which ports need handling first if
upgrading perl modules in batches. My previous submission had to build
2363 ports.

Thank you,
    Mojca

PS/Off-topic: what's the proper way to talk about MacPorts in English?
"MacPorts is" or "MacPorts are"? (wxWidgets is / are)