[123826] trunk/base/doc/port-distcheck.1.txt

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sat Aug 16 05:17:28 PDT 2014

Hi,

> Should be "checks" (not "check"), to match "downloads".

Yes, thanks.

> Yeah but then it would have to download the entire file. mtime and size can
> be verified just by checking the HTTP headers.

They can, but they are very weak assumptions about the state of the files on the
mirrors. Checksums are much better. I'm not saying we should remove the old
behavior entirely, just that we should change the default or at least add the
possibility to verify checksums (and also allow changing the method using command
line flags).

> Should use https URL here.
>
> I saw earlier a "guide:" "protocol" for referring to guide pages. Is there no
> equivalent for referring to Trac URLs?

These macros are defined in asciidoc.conf in the same directory. There was no trac
macro defined. I added a source macro that works just like the one in trac. Should
we have a ticket macro as well?

r123940.

--
Clemens Lang