Coin-framework subport

Mark Brethen mark.brethen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 19:54:34 PDT 2014

I could not find any documentation for subports. A subport for Coin framework works with 'port install Coin subport=Coin-framework' but if I add a lib dependency in freecad: 'port:Coin-framework' it installs both Coin and Coin-framework, causing an error. How can I fix this?

Here is the portion of the local portfile that I modified:

depends_lib-append  port:qt4-mac \
                    port:simage \
                    port:fontconfig \
                    port:freetype \
                    port:zlib \
                    port:bzip2

patchfiles          configure.patch \
                    for.patch \
                    clang-name-lookup.diff \
                    fix-weird-error.diff \
                    patch-include-Inventor-C-base-math-undefs.h.diff \
                    patch-Info.plist.in.diff

configure.args-append \
                    --disable-debug \
                    --disable-symbols \
                    --disable-dependency-tracking \
                    --without-framework

post-build {
    reinplace -E {s|-arch [a-z0-9_]+||g} \
        ${worksrcpath}/Coin.pc \
        ${worksrcpath}/coin-default.cfg
}

if {${name} == ${subport}} {

    variant manpages description {Include API documentation in manpages.} {
        depends_build-append    port:doxygen
        configure.args-append   --enable-man --mandir=${prefix}/share/man
        post-destroot {
            file rename ${destroot}${prefix}/share/man/man3/threads.3 \
                ${destroot}${prefix}/share/man/man3/threads-coin.3
            file rename ${destroot}${prefix}/share/man/man3/manips.3 \
                ${destroot}${prefix}/share/man/man3/manips-coin.3
        }
    }
}

subport Coin-framework {
    patchfiles-append       framework-prefix.patch
    configure.args-replace  --without-framework \
                            --with-framework-prefix=${frameworks_dir}
}

Mark