[124087] trunk/dports/sysutils

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Tue Aug 19 22:33:59 PDT 2014

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> Revision
>> 124087

>> rpm5x: replace with 5.4.x
>
> This is not sufficient to replace a port. For the proper procedure, see https://trac.macports.org/wiki/PortfileRecipes#replaced-by

Well, it would be OK for any users of the old ports to keep using them.
Instead of adding these empty pseudoports with a fake pre-configure ?

Just wanted to avoid new installations of the legacy versions, but OK.
I'll revert the commit, so you can make a real decision about RPM...

--anders

PS. The example is wrong. xz-devel (4.999) was "upgraded" to xz (5.0)
    and then xz-devel went onwards to 5.1alpha versions instead...

    That is the very nature of the -devel ports, since you don't have
    any "testing" area. But I've removed most of the -devel ports now.