manual download and buildbot ...

petr 976F at ingv.it
Wed Aug 20 01:21:54 PDT 2014

Hi all,

yesterday I had a look at some ports which require manual download (py-nio/py-ngl). This is not great for MacPorts, but we probably can do little about it.

Anyway, I was not surprised that the buildbot would fail on these. But then I am wondering if it was possible to upload such distfiles in some place where it would be available for the buildbots. I'd assume these files should not be publicly mirrored, and the binary packages will not be distributable given its license. It still would be helpful to have a buildbot check on such ports.

If this is not possible, is there a way to avoid any build on the bots at all, so we save such unnecessary tentatives?

Thanks!
~petr