[124081] trunk/dports/games/xboard/Portfile

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Wed Aug 20 10:46:37 PDT 2014

On 20.08.2014 04:28 pm, Kurt Hindenburg wrote:
> Hi, I'll look at fixing cairo - xboard won't build w/o those so I was under
> the impression they should be build deps.

Just for clarification. There are multiple dependency types.

(fetch: only used during fetch + build + install time, not required afterwards.)

(extract: only used during extract + build + install time, not required afterwards.)

build: only used during build + install time, can be uninstalled after that and
the application would still work fine (i.e., it doesn't link or otherwise uses
those dependencies at run time.)

run: only used at install + run time, can be missing at build time (although
MacPorts currently installs those types dependencies before the port in question.)

lib: essentially build + run together.

Mihai