How to determine the dbus address on OSX/MacPorts OR How to make MacPorts-dbus work with non-MacPorts qt5-install

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Fri Aug 22 12:41:20 PDT 2014

Hi guys,

how can I determine the dbus address of the session dbus started by launchd?

The environment contains only DBUS_LAUNCHD_SESSION_BUS_SOCKET:
—
DBUS_LAUNCHD_SESSION_BUS_SOCKET=/tmp/launch-adIO4f/unix_domain_listener
—

So, the question is, can I query the session dbus somehow in order to obtain
the dbus address which I could then use to set DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS in
my environment?

On qt5-mac the “Qt D-Bus Viewer” application actually shows "Connected to D-Bus.”
meaning that qt5-mac actually manages to connect to the session dbus!

I wonder how I can convince my non-MacPorts qt5-install to get a connection
to the MacPorts-dbus session bus...

Greets,
Marko