Non versioned ports

Vincent vince at macports.org
Sat Aug 23 04:25:59 PDT 2014

Hi Ryan,

> My opinion would be that you can add the ports this way, with their development versions, without any special notice, since it sounds like their latest stable versions will not work the way you need them to work. You can make up a version number to put in the version field.

That I already did, but it seems meaningless, since the fetch phase will always pull out the latest code. However, I’ll have a look a ‘mercurial’ (unless someone out there is a guru of this yet-another-DRC and can advise me directly) to figure out if there is a way to specify a date as a revision. In which case, yes, that would make sense.

Thanks for your always helpful advice!
Vincent