[124825] trunk/dports/lang/dmd/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Aug 29 01:59:40 PDT 2014

> On Aug 28, 2014, at 7:02 PM, Takeshi Enomoto <takeshi at macports.org> wrote:
>
> Dear Ryan and all,
>
>> I presume a stealth update occurred? You need to handle it this way:
>>
>> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/PortfileRecipes#stealth-updates
>>
>> Otherwise users (like me) who already got the previous distfile will get checksum mismatches.
>
> dmd and related ports use PortGroup github.
> I expect the tag to refer to a specific state of source.
> Can a developer make changes to the tagged source?
> If so it would be tedious to follow the stealth update for each commit.
> Should I use a release?

Github "releases" are based on tags. Yes, developers can change tags, though they should not. But it looks like they did in this case. You should follow the stealth update recipe and change the dist_subdir, since the distfile has changed. And examine the difference between the old 2.066 and the new 2.066 and decide whether users who have the old version should rebuild; if so, also increase the port's revision.