How to recover from wrong port naming at time of 1st commit?

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Thu Dec 11 00:40:30 PST 2014

Hi Josh,

on a clean VM I see after selfupdate, that the port kcm-baloo-advanced has been registered correctly,
but of course under the different port dir:
---
$ port dir kcm-baloo-advanced
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports/kde/baloo-kcm-advanced
---

So, the workflow described earlier won’t work here.

Wondering, whether “svn mv” isn’t perhaps now the only sensible way, but I don’t dare to do so,
as I am unsure about how the registry is going to react.

Any hints?

Greets,
Marko