Help with elkhound port development

Mark Brethen mark.brethen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 11:26:33 PST 2014

This is a build dependency for a program I want to use (and also port). The author does provide a pre-built elkhound for mac os as a separate download. Below is the current state of my Portfile (if you want to check out the source):

PortSystem          1.0
PortGroup           github 1.0

github.setup        WeiDUorg elkhound 2014-08-03
categories          devel lang
license             BSD
maintainers         gmail.com:mark.brethen openmaintainer
platforms           darwin
description         a GLR Parser Generator

long_description    \
    Elkhound is a parser generator, similar to Bison. The parsers it generates \
    use the Generalized LR (GLR) parsing algorithm. GLR works with any context-\
    free grammar, whereas LR parsers (such as Bison) require grammar \
    to be LALR.

homepage            http://www.weidu.org/

distname            ${version}
master_sites        https://github.com/${github.author}/${name}/archive/
worksrcdir          ${name}-${version}/src

checksums           rmd160  65b7bef5c5fa7f901e4a5a1ef420639f0f0efee2 \
                    sha256  2242b9f62b2ed27a1cf9cafe544c92f04099ab3f9785ba132687d147d5772ff2

depends_lib-append  port:perl5 \
                    port:flex \
                    port:bison

configure {
    system -W ${worksrcpath} "${configure.cmd}"
}

build {
    system -W ${worksrcpath} "${build.cmd}"
}

On Dec 12, 2014, at 1:17 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 2:08 PM, Mark Brethen <mark.brethen at gmail.com> wrote:
> :info:build bflatten.cc:35:10: warning: cast to 'const void *' from smaller integer type 'int' [-Wint-to-void-pointer-cast]
>
> This indicates that the port is not 64-bit clean and you may have to force the arch to i386 (32-bit) to avoid crashes or unexpected behavior.
>
> :info:build In file included from agramlex.yy.cc:548 :
> :info:build In file included from /usr/include/unistd.h:72:
> :info:build /usr/include/sys/unistd.h:132:1: error: expected identifier
> :info:build struct accessx_descriptor {
>
> Something is wrong with either the defines or the way unistd.h is being #include-d into the project.
> I would need to see the actual package source to figure out which.
>
> In general, it sounds like this package is rather old and not particularly portable.
>
> --
> brandon s allbery kf8nh                               sine nomine associates
> allbery.b at gmail.com                                  ballbery at sinenomine.net
> unix, openafs, kerberos, infrastructure, xmonad        http://sinenomine.net

Mark