Help with elkhound port development

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 12 17:38:54 PST 2014

On Dec 12, 2014, at 7:18 PM, Mark Brethen wrote:

> On Dec 12, 2014, at 1:58 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Dec 12, 2014, at 1:26 PM, Mark Brethen wrote:
>>
>>> PortSystem          1.0
>>> PortGroup           github 1.0
>>>
>>> github.setup        WeiDUorg elkhound 2014-08-03
>>
>>> distname            ${version}
>>> master_sites        https://github.com/${github.author}/${name}/archive/
>>
>> You're usually using the github portgroup incorrectly if you find yourself needing to override master_sites. Please read the comments in the github portgroup for the correct usage.
>>
> That is where they put the tarball.

All projects at github have their automatically-generated tarballs at the same URLs. The default usage of the github portgroup accommodates this. You should not override master_sites or distname for this. Again, refer to the comments in the github portgroup that explain all possible uses of the portgroup. See also https://trac.macports.org/ticket/40518 for why we're don't see a benefit in offering archive-style URLs at this time.

>>> configure {
>>>  system -W ${worksrcpath} "${configure.cmd}"
>>> }
>>>
>>> build {
>>>  system -W ${worksrcpath} "${build.cmd}"
>>> }
>>
>> Why are you overriding the default behavior of these phases?
>>

> It complained about prefix not being defined for one; I'm not even sure that any of the build environment variables set by macports will work.

Still, it would be more normal to just clear configure.pre_args and configure.universal_args, rather than override the entire phase.

> The top level configure runs 3 perl scripts, each located in a different subdirectory (see my first post).

I understand that.

What about the build phase?