port doctor patch

Kurt Hindenburg khindenburg at macports.org
Sat Dec 13 10:18:40 PST 2014

On Dec 13, 2014, at 11:41 AM, Clemens Lang <cal at macports.org> wrote:

>> I’m not clear on what the code is testing so perhaps it has to be
>> macports compiler?
>
> It is testing for a situation where a temp dir is not writable by clang which leads to miscompiled code, but doesn't cause clang to abort. It should be using the system clang.
> --
> Clemens Lang

If I do:
1. sudo chmod 000 $TMPDIR
2. sudo port doctor

It still works since I’m using sudo.  If I try to use ‘port doctor’ I get "Error: Insufficient privileges to write to MacPorts install prefix.”

I can generate the “cache error” if I do "clang test.c -o main_test “ from the command-line.

I’m not clear on what system setup having this test in doctor is worthwhile.

 Kurt