[129459] trunk/dports/multimedia/mpv

Mihai Moldovan ionic at macports.org
Sat Dec 13 18:26:18 PST 2014

[re-sent with correct mail address, so that the post arrives at mp-dev]
On 14.12.2014 03:14 AM, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
> On 14.12.2014 01:04 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>>> The problem at hand is that waf is being most likely downloaded with an
>>> unspecific version ("current") by I guess most software. I refrained
>>> from changing the PortGroup to not break other ports utilizing waf.

>>> I should probably inline that. Find a way to fetch a specific version,
>>> too. Will look into that.
>
>> mpv, at least, currently fetches exactly 1.8.1.
>
>> If any port fetches "latest version" that should be fixed as well, because
>> that results in non-repeatability.
>
> I would have committed the change hours ago, but might have hit a base
> bug... need to undo and look at what is causing my specific problem (the
> extracted top level directory differs from worksrcdir.)

So, as soon as I use master_sites-append http://ftp.waf.io/pub/release:waf, this
stuff breaks. How is this even possible?

"This stuff" being:
  - worksrcdir is correctly set to
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_macports_multimedia_mpv/mpv/work/mpv-0.7.1"
on my machine
  - but worksrcdir does not exist, instead...
  - a directory called
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_macports_multimedia_mpv/mpv/work/mpv-player-mpv-18b15a4"
exists

The mpv distfile does have that "mpv-player-mpv-18b15a4" prefix, but without
master_sites-append, it is renamed to mpv-0.7.1 automatically.

Once I put master_sites-append into the Portfile, this doesn't happen anymore
and everything breaks.

Looks like I have to dive into base and find out what is broken...