[129463] trunk/dports/perl

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Dec 15 00:47:49 PST 2014

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 1:33 AM, David Evans wrote:

> In this case, the new module is claimed to be a missing dependency of
> existing port p5-catalyst-runtime (which has not yet been updated to reflect
> this dependency).

The "catalyst" ports are weird (runtime in particular). They install
fine, but all the tests fail. I need to create a bunch of other ports
to be able to satisfy all the dependencies of catalyst-runtime first
before being able to fix the catalyst-runtime port itself. I had to
break in the middle and didn't finish all the changes and commits yet.

I'm using cpan2port (with a bunch of local modifications; see
http://trac.macports.org/ticket/44654) to generate new ports. That one
creates the version string automatically. Not that I should blame
cpan2port for my mistakes though. (Another serious issue with
cpan2port is proper distinction between depends_lib, depends_install
and depends_run. I don't think that the dependencies are properly
defined right now.)

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 1:36 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Ahh, I missed that p5-catalyst-runtime was an existing port that already had those old perl versions. Ok, that's fine then. Alternately, it could be an opportunity to remove the old perl versions from p5-catalyst-runtime.

I thought we were almost ready to remove 5.8-5.14 from all ports
anyway. I didn't want to introduce too much confusion (and I already
forgot to remove 5.8 from many ports which are nowadays broken due to
partial removal of 5.8).

Mojca