[129573] trunk/dports/games/Cockatrice/Portfile

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Tue Dec 16 23:54:25 PST 2014

Hi Lawrence,

I got feedback and it is as expected: There aren’t any plans, yet, to come to
a version numbering scheme which we’d like to have for MP - in the near future.

The suggested approach was to use
---
$ git describe --tags
2014-06-25-Release-438-g776d809
---
to get a monotonically increasing number (here 438) for MacPorts’ versioning.

Well, it would be easier to simply use the date as the MP version number then.

Yet, in order to not to initiate unnecessary rebuilds of the port, I am
reluctant to make this change now and wait for an update request from the users
(for perhaps another half year) and then make the change.

What do you say to that?

Greets,
Marko