clang-3.6 build failure

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Sun Dec 21 18:03:14 PST 2014

On Dec 21, 2014, at 6:13 PM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> The idea is to revert to the regular versions as soon as Xcode 6 starts getting a better reception.

Okay. What's wrong with Xcode 6's non-GUI components? I always assumed that they were the same as the corresponding ones in the CLT.

> In the meantime, with these changes, xcodebuild and xcrun behave exactly the way they would if Xcode where the selected tool chain.

I suspect your change has had effects that you're not seeing.

The bootstrapped compiler is not functioning correctly with the detected OS X SDK. Perhaps it was not built properly. What does this output?

    % CLANG_SRC=$(port work clang-3.6)/trunk
    % $(CLANG_SRC)/Release+Debug+Asserts/bin/clang \
        -arch x86_64 -c -integrated-as \
        $(CLANG_SRC)/projects/compiler-rt/make/platform/clang_darwin_test_input.c \
        -isysroot $(xcrun --sdk macosx --show-sdk-path) -o /dev/null
    % echo $?

> The IDE version appears to run its internal tools no matter what CLT you have installed; I'm assuming the batch version does the same.

What "batch version"? Do you mean the /usr/bin shims? Those point to whatever `xcode-select` says to point to. You can see what's going on for yourself:

    % echo 'int main(void) {}' | /usr/bin/clang -v -x c -o /dev/null -

vq