[129924] trunk/base/src/port1.0/porttrace.tcl

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Tue Dec 23 09:17:37 PST 2014

On Dec 23, 2014, at 12:12 PM, Mihai Moldovan <ionic at macports.org> wrote:

> On 23.12.2014 05:53 PM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
>> Is there a particular reason that you interleaved the handling of "resolvedPath"
>> around the handling of "normalizedPath"?
>
> The resolved link file path could in itself contain symbolic links again. Is
> that the answer you've been looking for?

Not quite. The code currently reads roughly like

    normalize path
    [new, resolve path]
    add path to sandbox
    add normalized path to sandbox
    [new, add resolved path to sandbox]

and I just was wondering whether there's a technical reason for adding the resolving logic in those particular locations, as it makes the code a bit awkward.

vq